Comparison Toolkit Overview
Are you spending significant time comparing out of synch UDC’s, Menus, Processing Options and Data Dictionary Items between environments?
C&A Technology is providing its clients with a portfolio of JDE environment comparison utility tools to assist JDE customers to more efficiently manage their JDE upgrades and multiple instances. The comparison tools are provided for UDC’s, Menus, Processing Options and Data Dictionary Items.
- The UDC comparison tool enables comparison of User Defined Code values between environments and systems.
- The UDC comparison tool is a standalone application that will connect with any JDE environment supporting the XMLList model of interoperability.
- The process can compare UDC values even when the two databases are not on the same server nor the same EnterpriseOne release.
- The comparison will compare based on the system code, product code and key value looking for missing values and different descriptions.
- An Excel file is generated for examination of the results.
Processing Option Comparison
- The application will provide the detail side by side comparison of installed versions of Program processing option settings to the “To Be” structure (upgrade version).
- There will be the opportunity to export the document to Excel to provide the consultant a working document for annotations and creating Project Setup and User Documentation.
- Ability to inspect and compare the actual processing values
- Throughout many of C&A Technology’s upgrades the functional staff is required to compare menus from the older version to the newer version. JD Edwards often times changes the menu structure to accommodate new feature functionality. Changes to the menu structure need to be accommodated for in the upgrade.
- The current menu reports do not dive deep enough to be useful for our functional consultants.
- C&A technology have written these reports over and over.
Data Dictionary Comparison
- The application will provide the detail side by side comparison of Data Dictionary elements that are either changed, missing or extra. There will be the opportunity to export the document to Excel to provide the consultant a working document for annotations and creating Project Setup and User Documentation.
Comparison Tools Benefits
- Saves precious time for the IT staff.
- These tools were designed to be used by functional JDE BA’s and can be run at will
- Low cost solution – If you have to build these tools yourself
- Tools are not just used for upgrades but can be used for regression testing of:
- Baseline type ESU’s
- Business Process Changes
- Production Validation Testing